European Recycle Grades Update
|Month: July 2015|
|R-PET Flakes Clear/Blue||800||950|
|R- HDPE Black Corrugated Pipes (PIR**)||1100||1200|
|R- HDPE Black Pipes (PIR**)||1050||1100|
|R- LDPE Film (PCR*)||1000||1000|
|R- LDPE Black Film (PCR*)||680||900|
|R- LDPE Film (PIR**)||1100||1250|
|R- homo-PP black injection(PIR**)||920||1050|
|R- homo-PP injection (PIR**)||1100||1150|
|R- PPBC injection (PIR**)||1000||1250|
* (post consumer recycle)
** (post industrial recycle)
R- PET prices were from stable to €20/ton softer for July. Supply was comfortable and adequate to meet demand and converters received a good number of inquiries for their end products for seasonality reasons. Buyers are mostly covering their immediate needs, waiting for price relief in the short term as the summer lull could exert some downward pressure on August prices. Some players reported seeing stronger demand from the beverage industry in July while they think that the market might track a softer trend in the September-October period, assuming that larger volumes of R- PET will be available for next month.
R– LDPE film and R- HDPE prices were reported with rollovers for July, except for R- HDPE Black Corrugated Pipes, for which prices posted increases of up to €50-100/ton owing to buoyant demand. Overall buying interest was good for July, while supply remains tight due to strong exports to China. For August, players think that R-PE prices have some room to decline given slower trading activities.
For R- PP grades, July prices tracked a stable trend over the previous month. Players reported seeing moderate demand while supply was better but still not very ample. For the medium term, slight decreases are possible for R- PP as of October if prime material costs continue to retreat in the upcoming months.
Price ranges reported include an average freight cost to the customers’ location as well as duties if applicable, although VAT is not included.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?