European Recycle Grades Update
|Month: July 2015|
|R-PET Flakes Clear/Blue||800||950|
|R- HDPE Black Corrugated Pipes (PIR**)||1100||1200|
|R- HDPE Black Pipes (PIR**)||1050||1100|
|R- LDPE Film (PCR*)||1000||1000|
|R- LDPE Black Film (PCR*)||680||900|
|R- LDPE Film (PIR**)||1100||1250|
|R- homo-PP black injection(PIR**)||920||1050|
|R- homo-PP injection (PIR**)||1100||1150|
|R- PPBC injection (PIR**)||1000||1250|
* (post consumer recycle)
** (post industrial recycle)
R- PET prices were from stable to €20/ton softer for July. Supply was comfortable and adequate to meet demand and converters received a good number of inquiries for their end products for seasonality reasons. Buyers are mostly covering their immediate needs, waiting for price relief in the short term as the summer lull could exert some downward pressure on August prices. Some players reported seeing stronger demand from the beverage industry in July while they think that the market might track a softer trend in the September-October period, assuming that larger volumes of R- PET will be available for next month.
R– LDPE film and R- HDPE prices were reported with rollovers for July, except for R- HDPE Black Corrugated Pipes, for which prices posted increases of up to €50-100/ton owing to buoyant demand. Overall buying interest was good for July, while supply remains tight due to strong exports to China. For August, players think that R-PE prices have some room to decline given slower trading activities.
For R- PP grades, July prices tracked a stable trend over the previous month. Players reported seeing moderate demand while supply was better but still not very ample. For the medium term, slight decreases are possible for R- PP as of October if prime material costs continue to retreat in the upcoming months.
Price ranges reported include an average freight cost to the customers’ location as well as duties if applicable, although VAT is not included.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint