European Recycle Grades Update
|Month: August 2015|
|R-PET Flakes Clear/Blue||770||900|
|R- HDPE Black Corrugated Pipes (PIR**)||1100||1200|
|R- HDPE Black Pipes (PIR**)||1050||1100|
|R- LDPE Film (PCR*)||1000||1000|
|R- LDPE Black Film (PCR*)||680||900|
|R- LDPE Film (PIR**)||1100||1250|
|R- homo-PP black injection(PIR**)||900||1000|
|R- homo-PP injection (PIR**)||1060||1080|
|R- PPBC injection (PIR**)||1000||1250|
* (post consumer recycle)
** (post industrial recycle)
R- PET prices posted decreases between €20/ton and €50/ton for August. Players reported that availability was sufficient in August, but demand was scarce as R-PET prices lost their competitive edge following decreases on prime PET prices. As a result, some converters decided to postpone their orders. For September, players project further decreases for R-PET prices.
Prices for R- HDPE and R- LDPE mostly remained stable in August. Trading activities were limited due to the summer lull. Some converters skipped their purchases in August. A seller applied €50/ton discounts on R- LDPE Film (PIR**), but reported selling limited volumes. On the other hand, there were reports of tight supply for R- HDPE and R- LDPE. For September, a seller has already sold R- HDPE pipe with discounts of €20-30/ton after keeping his prices stable in August.
For R- PP grades, R- homo-PP injection (PIR**) prices declined by €20-40/ton, while R- homo-PP black injection (PIR**) offers posted reductions between €50/ton and €100/ton for August. R- PPBC injection (PIR**) prices were stable from July. Sellers reported seeing scarce demand for August, but buying interest is expected to improve in September.
Price ranges reported include an average freight cost to the customers’ location as well as duties if applicable, although VAT is not included.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe