European Recycle Grades Update
|Month: August 2015|
|R-PET Flakes Clear/Blue||770||900|
|R- HDPE Black Corrugated Pipes (PIR**)||1100||1200|
|R- HDPE Black Pipes (PIR**)||1050||1100|
|R- LDPE Film (PCR*)||1000||1000|
|R- LDPE Black Film (PCR*)||680||900|
|R- LDPE Film (PIR**)||1100||1250|
|R- homo-PP black injection(PIR**)||900||1000|
|R- homo-PP injection (PIR**)||1060||1080|
|R- PPBC injection (PIR**)||1000||1250|
* (post consumer recycle)
** (post industrial recycle)
R- PET prices posted decreases between €20/ton and €50/ton for August. Players reported that availability was sufficient in August, but demand was scarce as R-PET prices lost their competitive edge following decreases on prime PET prices. As a result, some converters decided to postpone their orders. For September, players project further decreases for R-PET prices.
Prices for R- HDPE and R- LDPE mostly remained stable in August. Trading activities were limited due to the summer lull. Some converters skipped their purchases in August. A seller applied €50/ton discounts on R- LDPE Film (PIR**), but reported selling limited volumes. On the other hand, there were reports of tight supply for R- HDPE and R- LDPE. For September, a seller has already sold R- HDPE pipe with discounts of €20-30/ton after keeping his prices stable in August.
For R- PP grades, R- homo-PP injection (PIR**) prices declined by €20-40/ton, while R- homo-PP black injection (PIR**) offers posted reductions between €50/ton and €100/ton for August. R- PPBC injection (PIR**) prices were stable from July. Sellers reported seeing scarce demand for August, but buying interest is expected to improve in September.
Price ranges reported include an average freight cost to the customers’ location as well as duties if applicable, although VAT is not included.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS