European Recycled Grades Update
|Month: October 2015|
|R-PET Flakes Clear/Blue||710||830|
|R- HDPE Black Corrugated Pipes (PIR**)||970||1050|
|R- HDPE Black Pipes (PIR**)||890||1100|
|R- LDPE Film (PCR*)||1000||1000|
|R- LDPE Black Film (PCR*)||680||900|
|R- LDPE Film (PIR**)||1050||1200|
|R- homo-PP black injection(PIR**)||850||900|
|R- homo-PP injection (PIR**)||920||980|
|R- PPBC injection (PIR**)||850||1100|
* (post consumer recycle)
** (post industrial recycle)
R- PET prices were stable to €20-30/ton softer for October. Players are reporting that supply for R-PET is still ample. Meanwhile, for prime PET, expectations are calling for a stable trend for November.
Prices registered slight decreases for R- HDPE Black Corrugated Pipes (PIR**) and R- HDPE Black Pipes (PIR**/PCR*) in October. A distributor reported that scrap supply from is quite good and added that he is planning to seek rollovers in November.
R- LDPE Film (PCR*), R- LDPE Black Film (PCR*) and R- LDPE Film (PIR**) prices were unchanged from September. A plastic bag manufacturer reported purchasing some recycled LDPE film with rollovers from September, commenting that his end product business is good.
For R- PP grades, October prices were mostly flat. The high end of the R-homo-PP injection (PIR**) range registered increases after a new offer emerged at €980/ton for a higher quality grade. However, the overall market levels were largely stable. Players reported that R- PP prices did not follow the large decreases registered by prime PP offers earlier in the month due to short supply for scraps. A converter noted that supply for recycled PP is tight as sellers are holding onto their stocks after the prime PP market changed direction.
Price ranges reported include an average freight cost to the customers’ location as well as duties if applicable, although VAT is not included.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops