Recycled Polymers - Europe December 2015
|Month: November 2015|
|R-PET Flakes Clear/Blue||710||830|
|R- HDPE Black Corrugated Pipes (PIR**)||1000||1050|
|R- HDPE Black Pipes (PIR**)||880||1100|
|R- LDPE Black Film (PCR*)||680||850|
|R- LDPE Film (PIR**)||1050||1200|
|R- homo-PP black injection(PIR**)||850||900|
|R- homo-PP injection (PIR**)||920||960|
|R- PPBC injection (PIR**)||850||1100|
* (post consumer recycle)
** (post industrial recycle)
R- PET prices tracked a largely steady trend in November in line with virgin PET, except for a slight discount of €10/ton reported by a converter. Availability was said to be sufficient while some converters reported slow demand for their end products.
R-HDPE prices were also stable for November. A recycler said that he is planning to issue rollovers in December as well as buyers are unlikely to build stocks at the end of the year. However, the seller stated that demand is better than expected during the low season. He also reported that one of his suppliers of regrind material is aiming for increases of €40/ton for December, but added that he will not reflect these possible hikes to his recycled material.
For R-LDPE grades, a recycler mostly maintained his prices in November while applying slight decreases in a few cases. The seller reported that demand is really good at the moment and added that he has already received a good number of orders for December as well. Another supplier also left their R-LDPE prices unchanged, commenting that supply for industrial scraps is short. A buyer paid rollovers from October and reported that availability for recycled LDPE is not as limited as virgin PE. For December, a recycler expects to roll over his prices for another month, commenting that the market is unlikely to absorb increases towards the end of the year. The seller is planning to seek some small hikes in January, bringing his prices to €1180/ton, if virgin LDPE gains further ground.
For R- PP grades, November prices were mostly stable. A buyer reported making some purchases with rollovers from October while commenting that offers for R-PPH natural Injection (PIR) at €980/ton have faded away for the month. According to him, R-PP supply has been limited so far this year.
Price ranges reported include an average freight cost to the customers’ location as well as duties if applicable, although VAT is not included.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?