European commercial vehicle registrations down in Oct
Data showed that light commercial vehicle demand in the EU decreased by 0.8% in October while it was up 11.9% in the first ten months of 2016 on a yearly basis.
New registrations for heavy commercial vehicles decreased by 7.7% in October on a yearly basis. However, it increased by 12.4% in the first ten months of 2016 year-on-year, according to ACEA.
New registrations for trucks declined by 9.0% in October year-on-year while it was up 11% in January-October period in 2016 on a yearly basis.
New registrations for buses and coaches reportedly decreased by 6.7% for the fifth month consecutively while they were mostly flat over the first ten months of 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs