European commercial vehicle registrations increase further in May
Reports show that the commercial vehicle registrations increased by 35.9% in Italy, by 27.2% in France, and by 17.3% in Spain. Italy saw the highest spike among the other EU countries in May.
New light commercial vehicles registrations rose by 17.7%, totaling 155,397 units compared to the same month of the last year while the heavy truck registrations posted a 11.7% rise reaching 23,052 new units and new buses and coaches registrations increased 2.6%, to 3,075 units from May 2015. Meanwhile, new truck registrations climbed 11.2% to 28,662 in May compared to the same month of 2015.
In the January-May period, the EU market increased 13.5% year on year to 946,128 units. During the first five months of the year, commercial vehicle markets posted the following growth rates; Italy (+30.6%), Spain (+13.9%), France (+13.1%), Germany (+10.2%), and the UK (+3.8%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?