European commercial vehicle registrations increase further in May
Reports show that the commercial vehicle registrations increased by 35.9% in Italy, by 27.2% in France, and by 17.3% in Spain. Italy saw the highest spike among the other EU countries in May.
New light commercial vehicles registrations rose by 17.7%, totaling 155,397 units compared to the same month of the last year while the heavy truck registrations posted a 11.7% rise reaching 23,052 new units and new buses and coaches registrations increased 2.6%, to 3,075 units from May 2015. Meanwhile, new truck registrations climbed 11.2% to 28,662 in May compared to the same month of 2015.
In the January-May period, the EU market increased 13.5% year on year to 946,128 units. During the first five months of the year, commercial vehicle markets posted the following growth rates; Italy (+30.6%), Spain (+13.9%), France (+13.1%), Germany (+10.2%), and the UK (+3.8%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May