European commercial vehicle registrations increase further in May
Reports show that the commercial vehicle registrations increased by 35.9% in Italy, by 27.2% in France, and by 17.3% in Spain. Italy saw the highest spike among the other EU countries in May.
New light commercial vehicles registrations rose by 17.7%, totaling 155,397 units compared to the same month of the last year while the heavy truck registrations posted a 11.7% rise reaching 23,052 new units and new buses and coaches registrations increased 2.6%, to 3,075 units from May 2015. Meanwhile, new truck registrations climbed 11.2% to 28,662 in May compared to the same month of 2015.
In the January-May period, the EU market increased 13.5% year on year to 946,128 units. During the first five months of the year, commercial vehicle markets posted the following growth rates; Italy (+30.6%), Spain (+13.9%), France (+13.1%), Germany (+10.2%), and the UK (+3.8%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand