European commercial vehicle registrations increase further in May
Reports show that the commercial vehicle registrations increased by 35.9% in Italy, by 27.2% in France, and by 17.3% in Spain. Italy saw the highest spike among the other EU countries in May.
New light commercial vehicles registrations rose by 17.7%, totaling 155,397 units compared to the same month of the last year while the heavy truck registrations posted a 11.7% rise reaching 23,052 new units and new buses and coaches registrations increased 2.6%, to 3,075 units from May 2015. Meanwhile, new truck registrations climbed 11.2% to 28,662 in May compared to the same month of 2015.
In the January-May period, the EU market increased 13.5% year on year to 946,128 units. During the first five months of the year, commercial vehicle markets posted the following growth rates; Italy (+30.6%), Spain (+13.9%), France (+13.1%), Germany (+10.2%), and the UK (+3.8%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops