European commercial vehicle registrations increase further in May
Reports show that the commercial vehicle registrations increased by 35.9% in Italy, by 27.2% in France, and by 17.3% in Spain. Italy saw the highest spike among the other EU countries in May.
New light commercial vehicles registrations rose by 17.7%, totaling 155,397 units compared to the same month of the last year while the heavy truck registrations posted a 11.7% rise reaching 23,052 new units and new buses and coaches registrations increased 2.6%, to 3,075 units from May 2015. Meanwhile, new truck registrations climbed 11.2% to 28,662 in May compared to the same month of 2015.
In the January-May period, the EU market increased 13.5% year on year to 946,128 units. During the first five months of the year, commercial vehicle markets posted the following growth rates; Italy (+30.6%), Spain (+13.9%), France (+13.1%), Germany (+10.2%), and the UK (+3.8%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US HDPE, LLDPE fall below $800 in Turkey; does further weakness lurk ahead?
- SE Asia’s import homo-PP market sinks to 3-and-a-half year low
- PVC market in China suffers larger declines than in India
- African PE markets hit historical lows on greater competition from US supply
- Italy’s PVC market takes a downward turn in Nov following ethylene
- Turkey’s import PP market hovers around 3-year low as activity stays depressed
- HDPE moves below LDPE, LLDPE after almost two years in Asia
- Price gap between PS and styrene widens in Asia
- Turkey's polymer imports rebound in Q3; will 2019 end with a smaller-than-expected fall?
- China's PE imports hit a new record of 12 m tons in first 3 quarters