European commercial vehicle registrations keep increasing in September
Reports show that the commercial vehicle registrations increased by 46.3% in Italy, by 14.1% in Spain, by 1.1% in France and by 0.9% in UK. Italy saw the highest spike among the other EU countries in September.
New light commercial vehicle registrations rose by 6.8%, totaling 185,415 units compared to the same month of last year, recording the 37th straight month of growth while the heavy truck registrations posted a 2.9% rise from the same month of 2015 reaching 25,889 new units and new truck registrations increased 2.2%, to 31,432 units from September 2015. Meanwhile, new buses and coaches registrations were down 1.8% to 3,934 in September, posting the fourth straight monthly decline.
In the January-September period, meanwhile, the EU market rose 13.1% year on year to 1.7 million units. During the first nine months of the year, commercial vehicle markets posted the following growth rates; Italy (+40.2%), Spain (+13.1%), Germany (+11.3%), France (+10.1%), and the UK (+2.0%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months