European commercial vehicle registrations rise in November
Commercial vehicles registrations in the region grew by 2.7% to 217,473 in November and the largest increases were seen in the UK (6.8%), Germany (6.6%) and France (3%).
During the first 11 months of 2018, new commercial vehicles registrations were up by 3.8% compared to 2017 and became 2.3 million. Registrations contracted in Italy (2.8%) and the UK (1.3%), while Spain (6.5%), Germany (5.5%) and France (5.2%) posted increases so far this year.
In November, light commercial vehicle demand in the EU increased by 3.2% compared to a year ago and became 180,500, while new registrations for heavy commercial vehicles declined by 0.5% in November on a yearly basis with 27,194 new vehicles.
New registrations for trucks remained stable compared to a year earlier, while new registrations for buses and coaches showed a slight increase of 0.5%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm