European commercial vehicle registrations up in Dec
Data showed that light commercial vehicle demand in the EU increased by 10.3% in December and by 11.9% in 2016 on a yearly basis.
The data also showed that new registrations for heavy commercial vehicles rose by 16.1% in December on a yearly basis. It also increased by 12.3% in 2016 year-on-year, according to ACEA.
New registrations for trucks were up by 12% in December year-on-year and up by 11% in 2016 on a yearly basis.
New registrations for buses and coaches were up by 5.5% after a slower pace of increase of 0.4% in November and by 2.3% in 2016 year-on-year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds