European commercial vehicle registrations up in Dec
Data showed that light commercial vehicle demand in the EU increased by 10.3% in December and by 11.9% in 2016 on a yearly basis.
The data also showed that new registrations for heavy commercial vehicles rose by 16.1% in December on a yearly basis. It also increased by 12.3% in 2016 year-on-year, according to ACEA.
New registrations for trucks were up by 12% in December year-on-year and up by 11% in 2016 on a yearly basis.
New registrations for buses and coaches were up by 5.5% after a slower pace of increase of 0.4% in November and by 2.3% in 2016 year-on-year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September