European companies willing to invest in Iran’s petchem industry
Given the expected easing of sanctions against Iran’s oil and petrochemical sector, many countries have stated their willingness to invest in Iran, according to the Iranian Association of Petrochemical Industry Corporations (AIPC). The country’s petrochemical sector could potentially attract investments of around $70 billion, according to AIPC.
Previously, India’s ONGC Videsh and Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals and officials of Iran’s National Petrochemical Company (NPC) began talks on building new petrochemical projects in Iran.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops