European crackers begin to resume operations after turnarounds
Dow also plans to restart its 675,000 tons/year cracker in Tarragona, Spain this week. The company shut the cracker on October 13 because of a technical glitch.
Borealis is currently conducting a turnaround at its cracker in Stenungsund, Sweden. The company is expected to restart the 625,000 tons/year cracker on October 19.
In addition, LyondellBasell is planning to resume production at its Muenchsmuenster cracker in Germany by the end of this month following maintenance. The Muenchsmuenster cracker can produce 400,000 tons per year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF