European crackers begin to resume operations after turnarounds
Dow also plans to restart its 675,000 tons/year cracker in Tarragona, Spain this week. The company shut the cracker on October 13 because of a technical glitch.
Borealis is currently conducting a turnaround at its cracker in Stenungsund, Sweden. The company is expected to restart the 625,000 tons/year cracker on October 19.
In addition, LyondellBasell is planning to resume production at its Muenchsmuenster cracker in Germany by the end of this month following maintenance. The Muenchsmuenster cracker can produce 400,000 tons per year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook