European k67 hits above $1000 first time in 6 months in Turkey
Supply woes from the US amidst force majeure declarations at three PVC makers following Hurricane Harvey along with higher September ethylene settlement in Europe and a firm trend in China amidst soaring ethylene prices in Asia have naturally paved the way for higher offers from Europe.
A West European producer’s initial offers emerged higher than August, sending k67 prices from the region to above $1000/ton for the first time since April.
The producer’s most recent prices are reported at $1020/ton for PVC k67, $1070/ton for k58 and $1100/ton for k70, CIF Turkey, cash no duty, buyers and traders confirmed. A profile maker said, “We also expect to receive September offers from another regional producer above $1000/ton later today.”
“We might not hear any clear American PVC offers this week as producers are not able to set their fresh prices amidst the ongoing supply problems in the country. A lack of US cargos will continue to support higher European offers over the near term,” a trader said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe