European sellers reluctant to reflect full monomer drops onto Dec PP, PE
In Italy, PP and HDPE film prices hit around a 6-month low, according to ChemOrbis Price Index, while LDPE and LLDPE film prices sank to around or more than a 3-year low in early December.
Accordingly, initial PP prices suggested €30-60/ton declines from November in the spot markets of Italy and Northwest Europe. Some players pointed to supply disruptions stemming from the previously low water levels on the River Rhine as another factor behind sellers’ determination to offer smaller drops than propylene decrease.
Similarly, fresh PE offers in the region’s local markets indicated monthly drops of €40-50/ton. Converters are set to push for additional discounts on deals citing a lack of visible supply concerns and the year-end lull prior to Christmas holidays.
In Italy, spot PP prices were at €1180-1280/ton for homo-PP and at €1230-1320/ton for PPBC inj. FD, 60 days. PE prices stood at €1120-1200/ton for HDPE film and b/m, at €1040-1120/ton for LDPE and at €1020-1090/ton for LLDPE with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm
- Türkiye witnesses plentiful PE offers amid globally weak demand
- India PP, PE markets’ slump extends into third month ahead of monsoon