European styrene rebounds amid imminent Aug settlements
Players were voicing bearish expectations regarding the August styrene contracts, taking the consecutive decreases of the spot styrene market throughout the month into account. However, spot styrene prices on FOB NWE basis has risen by around $50/ton recently on the week to reach $1198/ton on average, as can be seen in the below graph formed by ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
Players are eyeing the possible impact of these news to the August styrene contracts to be settled tomorrow as they believe that these developments will also play a role in making the final decision, as it was the case last month. It is important to remind that spot styrene prices indicate a cumulative fall of around $50/ton compared to the beginning of July.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers