European styrene rebounds amid imminent Aug settlements
Players were voicing bearish expectations regarding the August styrene contracts, taking the consecutive decreases of the spot styrene market throughout the month into account. However, spot styrene prices on FOB NWE basis has risen by around $50/ton recently on the week to reach $1198/ton on average, as can be seen in the below graph formed by ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
Players are eyeing the possible impact of these news to the August styrene contracts to be settled tomorrow as they believe that these developments will also play a role in making the final decision, as it was the case last month. It is important to remind that spot styrene prices indicate a cumulative fall of around $50/ton compared to the beginning of July.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May
- Downtrend continues in Turkish PP, PE markets amid Ramadan lull