Eurozone Feb manufacturing PMI hits lowest level in a year
The report also showed that rates of expansion in new business and new export orders eased to the weakest levels seen since April 2015 and January 2015 respectively. Markit’s Chief Economist reportedly said that weaker manufacturing data intensified concerns that the region may face another year of sluggish growth in 2016.
Across the region, Germany’s manufacturing PMI declined to a reading of 50.5 in February from a reading of 52.3 in January. France’s manufacturing PMI rose to a two-month high of 50.2 in February from January’s reading of 50.
Markit’s PMI report also showed that Spain’s manufacturing PMI declined to a two month low of 54.1 in February while Italy’s manufacturing PMI also fell to a reading of 52.2, posting the lowest level seen in a year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem