Eurozone Feb manufacturing PMI hits lowest level in a year
The report also showed that rates of expansion in new business and new export orders eased to the weakest levels seen since April 2015 and January 2015 respectively. Markit’s Chief Economist reportedly said that weaker manufacturing data intensified concerns that the region may face another year of sluggish growth in 2016.
Across the region, Germany’s manufacturing PMI declined to a reading of 50.5 in February from a reading of 52.3 in January. France’s manufacturing PMI rose to a two-month high of 50.2 in February from January’s reading of 50.
Markit’s PMI report also showed that Spain’s manufacturing PMI declined to a two month low of 54.1 in February while Italy’s manufacturing PMI also fell to a reading of 52.2, posting the lowest level seen in a year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East