Eurozone Feb manufacturing PMI hits lowest level in a year
The report also showed that rates of expansion in new business and new export orders eased to the weakest levels seen since April 2015 and January 2015 respectively. Markit’s Chief Economist reportedly said that weaker manufacturing data intensified concerns that the region may face another year of sluggish growth in 2016.
Across the region, Germany’s manufacturing PMI declined to a reading of 50.5 in February from a reading of 52.3 in January. France’s manufacturing PMI rose to a two-month high of 50.2 in February from January’s reading of 50.
Markit’s PMI report also showed that Spain’s manufacturing PMI declined to a two month low of 54.1 in February while Italy’s manufacturing PMI also fell to a reading of 52.2, posting the lowest level seen in a year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years