Eurozone June retail sales fall by larger than expected amount
Growth in food, drinks and tobacco product sales fell 0.8% while retail sales for non-food products declined 0.2% compared with the previous month in June. The data also showed that retail sales for automotive fuel remained stable.
Among eurozone member states, the largest decreases were registered in Germany (-2.3%), Slovenia (-1.6%) and Poland (-1.4%) while the highest increases were seen in Romania (+1.7%), Austria (+1.3%) and Denmark (+1.1%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa