Eurozone June retail sales fall by larger than expected amount
Growth in food, drinks and tobacco product sales fell 0.8% while retail sales for non-food products declined 0.2% compared with the previous month in June. The data also showed that retail sales for automotive fuel remained stable.
Among eurozone member states, the largest decreases were registered in Germany (-2.3%), Slovenia (-1.6%) and Poland (-1.4%) while the highest increases were seen in Romania (+1.7%), Austria (+1.3%) and Denmark (+1.1%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce