Eurozone Nov factory output falls at faster than forecasted pace
The data showed that energy production fell 4.3% while production of capital goods declined 1.9% from a month earlier. Durable goods production was down 1% while production of non-durable consumer goods and intermediate goods climbed 0.1% and 0.7% on the month, respectively, in November.
Across the region, the largest decreases in industrial production on a monthly basis were reported in Portugal (-4.9%), Malta (-3.7%), the Netherlands (-3.1%), Estonia and Lithuania (both -2.6%) while the largest increases were seen in Greece (+3.3%) and Slovakia (+1.9%) in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?