Eurozone PMI hits 11-month high in November: Markit
Across the region, the biggest contribution to the economic expansion in November was that of Germany’s, with a rate very similar to the 55.1% recorded in October. However, the growth pace of the economy in France was the slowest in November since July, mainly due to the slowdown in its manufacturing sector. Meanwhile, Italy’s economic growth was the highest of nine months after the contractions seen in September and October.
Eurozone services output was also the fastest of 11 months in November on the back of the increase in new orders since January. The final Markit Eurozone PMI® Services Business Activity Index was 53.8. This missed the earlier flash estimate of 54.1 but still above 50.0 for the fourth month in a row.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs