Eurozone PMI hits 11-month high in November: Markit
Across the region, the biggest contribution to the economic expansion in November was that of Germany’s, with a rate very similar to the 55.1% recorded in October. However, the growth pace of the economy in France was the slowest in November since July, mainly due to the slowdown in its manufacturing sector. Meanwhile, Italy’s economic growth was the highest of nine months after the contractions seen in September and October.
Eurozone services output was also the fastest of 11 months in November on the back of the increase in new orders since January. The final Markit Eurozone PMI® Services Business Activity Index was 53.8. This missed the earlier flash estimate of 54.1 but still above 50.0 for the fourth month in a row.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September