Eurozone PMI hits 11-month high in November: Markit
Across the region, the biggest contribution to the economic expansion in November was that of Germany’s, with a rate very similar to the 55.1% recorded in October. However, the growth pace of the economy in France was the slowest in November since July, mainly due to the slowdown in its manufacturing sector. Meanwhile, Italy’s economic growth was the highest of nine months after the contractions seen in September and October.
Eurozone services output was also the fastest of 11 months in November on the back of the increase in new orders since January. The final Markit Eurozone PMI® Services Business Activity Index was 53.8. This missed the earlier flash estimate of 54.1 but still above 50.0 for the fourth month in a row.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines