Eurozone PMI moves higher in January: Markit
Across the region, Italy’s PMI posted the strongest reading in four months with a reading of 49.9 in January. Analysts stated that all sub indices showed positive readings even though the country is still facing weak domestic demand. In France, the manufacturing index rose to an eight month high in January to post a reading of 49.2 compared with a reading of 47.5 in the preceding month. According to Markit analysts, the country continues to face significant challenges stemming from the fragile demand situation.
However, Germany’s PMI declined to a reading of 50.9 in January from 51.2 in December due to slower job creation. According to analysts, lower oil prices may spur additional growth in the German economy.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China