Eurozone Q3 growth surpasses expectations
Compared with the same period of 2016, the region’s gross domestic product (GDP) climbed by 0.6% following a rise of 0.7% in the second quarter of this year. The year-on-year rise in the region’s GDP defied the economists’ expectations of an increase of 0.5%.
Among member states, the growth of Spain and France slowed down to 0.5% and 0.8%, respectively in the third quarter. Eurozone’s unemployment, meanwhile, fell to 8.9% in September, reaching its lowest level since January 2009.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September