Eurozone composite PMI falls in April: Markit
The PMI for the region’s manufacturing sector declined to a reading of 51.9 in April from 52.2 in the previous month while the service PMI decreased to 53.7 from a reading of 54.2.
Among the region’s leading economies, Germany’s composite PMI fell to a reading of 54.2 from a reading of 55.4 in the previous month. However the country’s April reading still represented the second strongest reading seen since September 2014. The country’s manufacturing PMI fell to a reading of 51.9 from 52.8 in March while the PMI for the German service sector decreased to a reading of 54.4 in April.
Meanwhile, in a separate report, Markit released France’s composite PMI, which declined to a three month low of 50.2 in April from a reading of 51.5 in the previous month. The country’s manufacturing PMI declined to a reading of 48.4 from 48.8 in the preceding month while the services PMI dropped to a reading of 50.8 after posting a reading of 52.4 in March.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount