Eurozone composite PMI falls to 18-month low in July
Markit reported in its official website that the improvements in France’s and Germany’s PMI data contrasted with the rest of the region, where the surveys signaled the weakest rise in activity since December 2014 as growth rates fell in both manufacturing and services.
The manufacturing PMI fell to a two-month low of 51.9 from 52.8 in June while flash services PMI also decreased to a 18-month low of 52.7 from June’s 52.8.
According to Markit, the latest figures pointed to an economic growth rate of 0.3% for the third quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market