Eurozone composite PMI hits four-year high in Nov: Markit
The increase was driven by a weaker euro, which makes European goods more competitive in global markets. An index for new export orders rose at the fastest rate in six months, posting a reading of 52.8 in November compared with October’s 52.7. The manufacturing PMI also increased to a nineteen-month high of 52.8 from 52.3 in the previous month.
For the region’s main economies, Germany’s composite PMI rose to a reading of 54.9 in November from a reading of 54.2 in the previous month. However, according to Markit, France’s composite PMI declined to three-month low of 51.3 in November from a reading of 52.6 in October based on data collected before Paris attack.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months