Eurozone composite PMI hits four-year high in Nov: Markit
The increase was driven by a weaker euro, which makes European goods more competitive in global markets. An index for new export orders rose at the fastest rate in six months, posting a reading of 52.8 in November compared with October’s 52.7. The manufacturing PMI also increased to a nineteen-month high of 52.8 from 52.3 in the previous month.
For the region’s main economies, Germany’s composite PMI rose to a reading of 54.9 in November from a reading of 54.2 in the previous month. However, according to Markit, France’s composite PMI declined to three-month low of 51.3 in November from a reading of 52.6 in October based on data collected before Paris attack.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce