Eurozone composite PMI misses estimates in May: Markit
For the region’s main economies, Germany’s composite PMI fell to a reading of 52.8 in May from a reading of 54.1 in the previous month. The country’s manufacturing PMI fell to a reading of 51.4 from 52.1 in April, posting the weakest figure in three months while the PMI for the German service sector decreased to 52.9 from 54 in the previous month.
However, according to Markit, France’s composite PMI rose to a reading of 51 in May from a reading of 50.6 in the preceding month, as was expected by Bloomberg economists.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect