Eurozone composite PMI slightly falls in December: Markit
For the region’s main economies, Germany’s composite PMI declined to a reading of 54.9 in December from a reading of 55.2 in the previous month, falling below the economists’ predictions of a reading of 55. According to Markit, France’s composite PMI also fell to four-month low of 50.3 in December from a reading of 51.0 in November.
Meanwhile, according to data released by the statistical office of the European Union (Eurostat), the annual rate of inflation of eurozone rose 0.2% in November from the flash reading of 0.1%. Though it is the highest level seen since August, the estimate for the eurozone’s November inflation still remains below the European Central Bank’s target of 2%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed