Eurozone composite PMI slightly falls in December: Markit
For the region’s main economies, Germany’s composite PMI declined to a reading of 54.9 in December from a reading of 55.2 in the previous month, falling below the economists’ predictions of a reading of 55. According to Markit, France’s composite PMI also fell to four-month low of 50.3 in December from a reading of 51.0 in November.
Meanwhile, according to data released by the statistical office of the European Union (Eurostat), the annual rate of inflation of eurozone rose 0.2% in November from the flash reading of 0.1%. Though it is the highest level seen since August, the estimate for the eurozone’s November inflation still remains below the European Central Bank’s target of 2%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?