Eurozone composite PMI slightly falls in December: Markit
For the region’s main economies, Germany’s composite PMI declined to a reading of 54.9 in December from a reading of 55.2 in the previous month, falling below the economists’ predictions of a reading of 55. According to Markit, France’s composite PMI also fell to four-month low of 50.3 in December from a reading of 51.0 in November.
Meanwhile, according to data released by the statistical office of the European Union (Eurostat), the annual rate of inflation of eurozone rose 0.2% in November from the flash reading of 0.1%. Though it is the highest level seen since August, the estimate for the eurozone’s November inflation still remains below the European Central Bank’s target of 2%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?