Eurozone composite PMI slightly falls in December: Markit
For the region’s main economies, Germany’s composite PMI declined to a reading of 54.9 in December from a reading of 55.2 in the previous month, falling below the economists’ predictions of a reading of 55. According to Markit, France’s composite PMI also fell to four-month low of 50.3 in December from a reading of 51.0 in November.
Meanwhile, according to data released by the statistical office of the European Union (Eurostat), the annual rate of inflation of eurozone rose 0.2% in November from the flash reading of 0.1%. Though it is the highest level seen since August, the estimate for the eurozone’s November inflation still remains below the European Central Bank’s target of 2%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops