Eurozone construction output decreases at faster pace in Dec
In December, construction output in the building sector dropped 1% on a monthly basis while output in civil engineering climbed 1.7%.
On a yearly basis, the region’s construction output decreased 3.5% while for the full year of 2014 the construction sector grew 2% on average. Among the member states, the largest decreases in production in construction were seen in Slovakia, the Czech Republic, France, Italy and Germany with 9.8%, 7.8%, 7.5%, 5.2% and 4.7%, respectively while the highest increases were reported in Romania by 15.0%, Sweden by 9.4%, Poland by 4.8%, the UK by 4.7% and in Slovakia by 4.6%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China