Eurozone construction output edges up 0.3% in May
The data showed that construction output in the building sector climbed 0.2% on the month in May while output in civil engineering climbed 1.3% after declining 2% in the preceding month.
Among EU member states, the highest monthly increases in construction output were recorded in Slovakia (+3.8%), the Netherlands (+2.7%) and France (+1.0%) while the largest decreases were seen in Slovenia (-6.2%), Poland (-4.8%), Bulgaria (-3.3%) and Hungary (-3.1%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note