Eurozone construction output edges up 0.3% in May
The data showed that construction output in the building sector climbed 0.2% on the month in May while output in civil engineering climbed 1.3% after declining 2% in the preceding month.
Among EU member states, the highest monthly increases in construction output were recorded in Slovakia (+3.8%), the Netherlands (+2.7%) and France (+1.0%) while the largest decreases were seen in Slovenia (-6.2%), Poland (-4.8%), Bulgaria (-3.3%) and Hungary (-3.1%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem