Eurozone construction output falls 0.2% in August
The data showed that construction output in the building sector declined 0.2% on the month in August while civil engineering slipped 0.3% from a month earlier.
Among EU member states, the largest monthly drops in construction output were recorded in Slovakia (-5.0%), the United Kingdom (-4.8%) and Slovenia (-4.5%) while the largest increases were seen in Portugal (+0.9%), Poland and France (both +0.6%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets