Eurozone construction output falls 1.9% in June
The data showed that construction output in the building sector slipped 1.6% on the month in June after increasing 0.1% in the previous month while output in civil engineering dropped 2.7% compared with the same month of 2014.
Among EU member states, the highest monthly decreases in construction output were recorded in Germany (-4.5%), Poland (-4.2%), Sweden (-2.7%) and France (-2.5%) while the largest increases were seen in Romania (+3.5%), Bulgaria (+2.6%) and the United Kingdom (+2.5%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa