Eurozone construction output falls in Sept
On a yearly basis, the output fell 1.7% compared with the same period of 2013 while it posted a decrease of 0.5 % in the third quarter when compared to the previous three months. The region’s building and civil engineering decreased in September by 1.6% and 3.0%, respectively.
Across the region, the largest decreases in September compared to August 2014 were seen in Slovenia (-8.6%), Italy (-5.4%), Sweden (-3.2%) and France (-2.3%), while Romania (+7.9%), the Czech Republic (+2.7%) and Bulgaria (+2.4%) posted the highest increases in September.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm