Eurozone construction output rises 3.6% in Jan
Data showed that building construction rose 4.1% while civil engineering climbed 1.7% in February from a month earlier. The increase was driven by higher construction output in Germany and France, with construction in those countries rising 7% and 7.3%, respectively, in January.
Among other member states, construction in Spain also moved higher by 2.6% while the largest monthly declines in construction output were recorded in Hungary (-13.0%), Romania (-6.4%) and Slovakia (-6.2%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports