Eurozone construction output rises by 1.2% in Nov
The monthly increase was mainly attributed to civil engineering increasing by 3% and building construction by 0.7%.
Among the Member States, the highest increases in production in construction were recorded in Slovenia (12.2%), Hungary (12%) and Slovakia (7%). The largest decreases were observed in Romania (4.9%), Spain (1.4%) and Belgium (0.9%).
In contrast, production in construction was down by 1.3% from November 2019.
Annual comparison showed that building construction fell by 1.6% while civil engineering increased by 0.4% in November.
The highest yearly decreases were observed in Spain (13.1%), Belgium (9.3%) and Slovakia (8.8%), while the largest increases were recorded in Slovenia (18.4%), Romania (9.3%) and Hungary (5.1%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm