Eurozone economic growth firms in June: OECD
In France, the reading increased to 100.8 in June from 100.7 in the previous month while it remained stable at 100.9 for Italy. The reading for Germany, meanwhile, stayed at 100.0 in June. Britain’s reading, however, dropped to 99.8 in June after going below 100 to 99.9 in May.
Elsewhere, the two largest economies in the world posted worse results in June. The OECD’s indicator for the US eased to 99.4 in June after falling below 100 in February. China’s indicator also declined to 97.4 in June from 97.5 the previous month.
The OECD’s indicator is a synthetic index in which long-run average growth stands at 100.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets