Eurozone economic growth firms in June: OECD
In France, the reading increased to 100.8 in June from 100.7 in the previous month while it remained stable at 100.9 for Italy. The reading for Germany, meanwhile, stayed at 100.0 in June. Britain’s reading, however, dropped to 99.8 in June after going below 100 to 99.9 in May.
Elsewhere, the two largest economies in the world posted worse results in June. The OECD’s indicator for the US eased to 99.4 in June after falling below 100 in February. China’s indicator also declined to 97.4 in June from 97.5 the previous month.
The OECD’s indicator is a synthetic index in which long-run average growth stands at 100.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint
- Strong netbacks and demand trigger exodus of PVC from China to export markets
- China PE market continues to see downward corrections amid impending holiday