Eurozone economic growth slows in Q2
The deceleration in the economy was attributed to a downturn in France’s economy, which showed a flat growth rate following a growth rate of 0.7% in the previous quarter. France’s Q2 economic growth also missed analysts’ initial forecast of 0.2% growth.
Meanwhile, in the second quarter, Italy’s seasonally and calendar adjusted GDP expanded 0.2% from the previous quarter, slightly slower than the 0.3% growth in the first quarter, according to a preliminary estimate by Italy’s national statistics institute Istat. However, the German economy grew 0.4% in the second three months after expanding 0.3% in the first quarter of 2015. Economists’ initial estimates called for a 0.5% rate of growth in a survey conducted by Bloomberg.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months