Eurozone economic growth slows in Q2
The deceleration in the economy was attributed to a downturn in France’s economy, which showed a flat growth rate following a growth rate of 0.7% in the previous quarter. France’s Q2 economic growth also missed analysts’ initial forecast of 0.2% growth.
Meanwhile, in the second quarter, Italy’s seasonally and calendar adjusted GDP expanded 0.2% from the previous quarter, slightly slower than the 0.3% growth in the first quarter, according to a preliminary estimate by Italy’s national statistics institute Istat. However, the German economy grew 0.4% in the second three months after expanding 0.3% in the first quarter of 2015. Economists’ initial estimates called for a 0.5% rate of growth in a survey conducted by Bloomberg.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets