Eurozone factory output falls for second straight month in Sept
The data revealed that production of durable consumer goods slipped 3.9% month over month in September while production of non-durable goods and capital goods fell 1% and 0.3%, respectively. However, production of intermediate goods remained steady while energy production climbed 1.2% in September from a month earlier.
Across the region, the largest decreases in industrial production on a monthly basis were reported in Ireland (-2.4%), Lithuania (-2.3%) and Greece (-1.9%) while the largest increases were seen in Croatia (+5.9%), Hungary (+2.9%), the Czech Republic (+2.6%) and Slovakia (+2.2%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount