Eurozone final PMI hits 3-month high in September: Markit
Across the region, France’s PMI posted the strongest reading in seven months with a reading of 49.7 in September. In Spain, the manufacturing index rose to a five-month high to post a reading of 52.3 compared with a reading of 51 in the preceding month while Italy increased to a reading of 51, recording the highest figure in the last two months. Plus, Germany’s PMI increased to a reading of 54.3 in September, posting a 3-month high and recording the fastest growth in the Eurozone.
According to Markit analysts, growth in the eurozone manufacturing sector accelerated at the end of the third quarter. Growth of output, new orders, new export business and employment all improved.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia