Eurozone final PMI hits 3-month high in September: Markit
Across the region, France’s PMI posted the strongest reading in seven months with a reading of 49.7 in September. In Spain, the manufacturing index rose to a five-month high to post a reading of 52.3 compared with a reading of 51 in the preceding month while Italy increased to a reading of 51, recording the highest figure in the last two months. Plus, Germany’s PMI increased to a reading of 54.3 in September, posting a 3-month high and recording the fastest growth in the Eurozone.
According to Markit analysts, growth in the eurozone manufacturing sector accelerated at the end of the third quarter. Growth of output, new orders, new export business and employment all improved.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback