Eurozone final PMI hits 3-month high in September: Markit
Across the region, France’s PMI posted the strongest reading in seven months with a reading of 49.7 in September. In Spain, the manufacturing index rose to a five-month high to post a reading of 52.3 compared with a reading of 51 in the preceding month while Italy increased to a reading of 51, recording the highest figure in the last two months. Plus, Germany’s PMI increased to a reading of 54.3 in September, posting a 3-month high and recording the fastest growth in the Eurozone.
According to Markit analysts, growth in the eurozone manufacturing sector accelerated at the end of the third quarter. Growth of output, new orders, new export business and employment all improved.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia