Eurozone industrial output down monthly in June, up on year
The data also revealed that energy production increased 3.2% month over month in June while production of non-durable consumer goods remained stable. However, production of durable consumer goods fell by 2% month over month while capital goods output decreased 1.8% from a month earlier in June. Output for intermediate goods posted a decrease of 0.5% on a monthly basis.
Across the region, the largest decreases in industrial production on a monthly basis were reported in Croatia (-2.9%), Portugal (-2.1%) and Ireland (-2.0%) while the largest increases were seen in Norway (+3.6%), the Netherlands (+3.9%) and Denmark (+4.2%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets