Eurozone industrial production tops expectations in July
The data also showed that energy production increased 3% month over month in July while production of capital goods and durable consumer goods rose 1.4% and 1.3%, respectively. However, production of intermediate goods and non-durable consumer goods edged down 0.6% month over month in July.
Across the region, the largest increases in industrial production on a monthly basis were reported in Ireland (+7.2%), Greece (+4.3%), Croatia (+3.6%) and Latvia (+2.8%) while the largest decreases were seen in Denmark (-4.6%), Sweden (-2.1%) and Malta (-1.8%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect