Eurozone industrial production tops expectations in July
The data also showed that energy production increased 3% month over month in July while production of capital goods and durable consumer goods rose 1.4% and 1.3%, respectively. However, production of intermediate goods and non-durable consumer goods edged down 0.6% month over month in July.
Across the region, the largest increases in industrial production on a monthly basis were reported in Ireland (+7.2%), Greece (+4.3%), Croatia (+3.6%) and Latvia (+2.8%) while the largest decreases were seen in Denmark (-4.6%), Sweden (-2.1%) and Malta (-1.8%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops