Eurozone manufacturing PMI falls in April, but beats estimates
Among the region’s main economies, Germany’s manufacturing PMI slowed to a reading of 52.1 from a reading of 52.8 in the previous month. However, Germany’s April reading was still above the preliminary reading of 51.9. France’s manufacturing PMI declined to a reading of 48 from a reading of 48.8 in the previous month, but it also fell below Markit’s preliminary reading of 48.4.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September