Eurozone manufacturing PMI gains further momentum in Nov
Markit’s index also revealed that output index rose to an 18-month high of 54.0 while an index for export orders posted the highest reading in six months, increasing to a reading of 49.3 compared with October’s 48.6. However, the export orders index fell below the preliminary reading of 49.5.
Across the region, Germany’s manufacturing PMI rose to a reading of 52.9 in November from a reading of 52.1 in October, posting the highest level in three months while also exceeding the flash score of 52.6. France’s manufacturing PMI remained steady at 50.6 in November, missing preliminary estimates calling for a reading of 50.8.
However, Markit’s UK manufacturing PMI was reported at 52.7, down from a revised reading of 55.2 in October. The UK’s final PMI missed expectations that called for a reading of 53.6 in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect