Eurozone manufacturing PMI gains further momentum in Nov
Markit’s index also revealed that output index rose to an 18-month high of 54.0 while an index for export orders posted the highest reading in six months, increasing to a reading of 49.3 compared with October’s 48.6. However, the export orders index fell below the preliminary reading of 49.5.
Across the region, Germany’s manufacturing PMI rose to a reading of 52.9 in November from a reading of 52.1 in October, posting the highest level in three months while also exceeding the flash score of 52.6. France’s manufacturing PMI remained steady at 50.6 in November, missing preliminary estimates calling for a reading of 50.8.
However, Markit’s UK manufacturing PMI was reported at 52.7, down from a revised reading of 55.2 in October. The UK’s final PMI missed expectations that called for a reading of 53.6 in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets evaluate possible impact of border closure with Iran
- Asia’s firm PVC sentiment shows signs of faltering amid competitive Chinese offers
- Recovering downstream activity supports sentiment for PET bottle in China
- Activity pick-up sends Asian spot C3 market into recovery mode
- Total polymer imports to EU28 hit record high in 2019
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe