Eurozone manufacturing PMI gains further momentum in Nov
Markit’s index also revealed that output index rose to an 18-month high of 54.0 while an index for export orders posted the highest reading in six months, increasing to a reading of 49.3 compared with October’s 48.6. However, the export orders index fell below the preliminary reading of 49.5.
Across the region, Germany’s manufacturing PMI rose to a reading of 52.9 in November from a reading of 52.1 in October, posting the highest level in three months while also exceeding the flash score of 52.6. France’s manufacturing PMI remained steady at 50.6 in November, missing preliminary estimates calling for a reading of 50.8.
However, Markit’s UK manufacturing PMI was reported at 52.7, down from a revised reading of 55.2 in October. The UK’s final PMI missed expectations that called for a reading of 53.6 in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?