Eurozone manufacturing PMI remains flat in August
The final index revealed that the new orders index climbed to a reading of 52.7 from 52.2 in the previous month while the factory output index edged up to a reading of 53.8 from 53.6 in July.
Across the region, Germany’s manufacturing PMI grew by most since April 2014 in August to a reading of 53.2, up from 51.8 in July, beating economists’ initial estimate of 51.6, according to a survey conducted by Bloomberg. France’s manufacturing PMI, however, declined to a reading of 48.6 from a reading of 49.6 in July, slightly below economists’ initial estimates of 49.7 in a survey conducted by Bloomberg.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa