Eurozone manufacturing PMI remains flat in August
The final index revealed that the new orders index climbed to a reading of 52.7 from 52.2 in the previous month while the factory output index edged up to a reading of 53.8 from 53.6 in July.
Across the region, Germany’s manufacturing PMI grew by most since April 2014 in August to a reading of 53.2, up from 51.8 in July, beating economists’ initial estimate of 51.6, according to a survey conducted by Bloomberg. France’s manufacturing PMI, however, declined to a reading of 48.6 from a reading of 49.6 in July, slightly below economists’ initial estimates of 49.7 in a survey conducted by Bloomberg.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem