Eurozone manufacturing edges down in Nov
The weaker sentiment in the region’s manufacturing sector was attributed to a slowdown in Germany, Europe’s largest economy.
Across the region, the final PMI for Germany’s manufacturing sector fell to a reading of 49.5 in November from an initial forecast of 50 while France’s and Italy’s manufacturing indexes were also down to readings of 48.4 and 49, respectively, both due to faltering new business. However, an index for Spain’s manufacturing industry rose to 54.7 in November, up from an initial forecast of 52.6 and UK manufacturing posted the fastest pace in four months owing to higher domestic demand. The PMI for the UK unexpectedly climbed to a reading of 53.5 from a reading of 53.3 reported in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high