Eurozone manufacturing edges down in Nov
The weaker sentiment in the region’s manufacturing sector was attributed to a slowdown in Germany, Europe’s largest economy.
Across the region, the final PMI for Germany’s manufacturing sector fell to a reading of 49.5 in November from an initial forecast of 50 while France’s and Italy’s manufacturing indexes were also down to readings of 48.4 and 49, respectively, both due to faltering new business. However, an index for Spain’s manufacturing industry rose to 54.7 in November, up from an initial forecast of 52.6 and UK manufacturing posted the fastest pace in four months owing to higher domestic demand. The PMI for the UK unexpectedly climbed to a reading of 53.5 from a reading of 53.3 reported in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand