Eurozone manufacturing falls below estimates in Oct
The region’s weaker results was attributed to weak demand restricting growth of both production and employment across the region and to lower production rates in both France and Italy. Within the region, the PMI index for Ireland, the Netherlands, Spain and Germany increased while France and Italy signaled a contraction.
The eurozone economy grew by 0.2% in the third quarter of this year, according to Bloomberg. Initial estimates show gross domestic product (GDP) rose 0.3% and 0.2% in Germany and France, respectively while Italy signaled stagnation in the economy. Final figures will be released mid-November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?