Eurozone manufacturing falls below estimates in Oct
The region’s weaker results was attributed to weak demand restricting growth of both production and employment across the region and to lower production rates in both France and Italy. Within the region, the PMI index for Ireland, the Netherlands, Spain and Germany increased while France and Italy signaled a contraction.
The eurozone economy grew by 0.2% in the third quarter of this year, according to Bloomberg. Initial estimates show gross domestic product (GDP) rose 0.3% and 0.2% in Germany and France, respectively while Italy signaled stagnation in the economy. Final figures will be released mid-November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy
- Saudi major globally applies significant drops on PE for Sept
- Malaysia’s local PE market dives to a decade low