Eurozone manufacturing growth slows in September
Across the region, Germany’s manufacturing PMI fell in September to a reading of 52.3 from an initial reading of 52.5. In August, Germany’s final manufacturing PMI was at 53.3. However, manufacturing activities in France posted the sharpest increase since March 2014 owing to improving business conditions. The final reading of Markit’s manufacturing PMI for France rose to 50.6 in September from 48.3 in August. The final PMI was also higher from an initial estimate of 50.4.
In addition, Markit Economics also published a separate report regarding the UK’s manufacturing in September. The country’s manufacturing slowed to a reading of 51.5 in September from its August reading of 51.6.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets