Eurozone manufacturing index lowest in 16 months in Nov
The weaker results were attributed to weak demand across the region and a decline in new orders. A gauge of manufacturing in the region declined to 50.4 in November from a reading of 50.6 in October while the service industry index was down to a reading of 51.3 from a reading of 52.3 reported in October.
Across the region, the PMI for Germany’s manufacturing fell to a reading of 50 in November from 51.4 in October due to ongoing sluggish demand while an index for the service sector was down to 52.1 from a reading of 54.4 in the previous month. However, an index for France’s manufacturing and services industry rose to 48.4 in November, up from October’s eight-month low of 48.2 while the country’s manufacturing index fell to a three month low at a reading of 47.6 in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets